Wednesday, July 9, 2008

I can't resist

(I'm sorry if you are reading this, Jess, but I really cannot resist making fun of blogging about this robotic trash can.)

My friends Jessica and Alan are getting married Friday. I'm really excited to bust out my new purple frock and dance the night away--and hopefully not wake up hungover in a nest of towels on the bathroom floor... a story for another time.

Anyhow, there has been much rumbling about one particular item on their registry. A $100 robotic trash can. Say it with me. WTF?



This little baby is "touch-free" and battery operated. It features an infrared sensor for "automatic, hands-free opening and closing." Ok. Go ahead. Slip into fantasy land and imagine how hassle-free it would be to throw away your egg shells with a robot looking out for you. Now come back to reality for a minute. Come back! Go look inside your archaic obsolete plastic trash can. Go ahead. I'll wait for you.

Did you see that? Food gunk? Maybe even some mold? I don't know about you, but I consider trash cans to be disposable. Give me a year with one and I will coat it in mysterious food goo that will turn your stomach.

This is why I will not be registering for a robotic trash can when the time comes for me to walk through Target with my little scanner registry thingymajigger.

7 comments:

Ben said...

Hm. I think I'd get awfully impatient waiting for a garbage can to open on its own. Unless it's super spring loaded in which case, I'm on board.

Jess B-Dubs said...

you're a bitch! i hope this means you bought me the robotic trash can.

Anonymous said...

I <3 that the bride commented on this post. LOL

Mermanda said...

I know, Maxie. I am such an instigator. I actually sent her the link. ;)

Anonymous said...

A robotic trashcan just sounds creepy. I keep imagining one of those trashcans in Disney World that talk and follow you around.

Bayjb said...

OMG a robotic trash can is awesome. I might get impatient but the robot will win me over :)

Anonymous said...

I'm a technophobe to a point. I'll use the self Check outs, but I hate that they talk to me. You would see me at the end of the day at Disney with my arms filled with hotdog wrappers and empty water bottles.

A robot trashcan ... would it interact with the robot vacuum cleeaner?