Wednesday, August 5, 2009

A pig, a bird, and a birthday

It has become a tradition for me to give Andrew gifts of custom art that reflect our quirky personalities. (Okay, I say quirky, you say weird... tomayto tomahto...) This year, wrapped in several pairs of his boxer shorts, I presented to Andrew his dream come true. Painting by Katie Vernon. Check her out at katievernon.com and her Etsy shop ChipmunkCheeks. I discovered Katie's work on Design*Sponge, where I fell madly in love with her flower prints. I ordered the hedgehog and deer and just got them framed last night. I'll be sure to show you how they look hanging in our bedroom. (I know, I know. I promise you photos and do I deliver? No. Not yet. But I swear. Things are finally coming together at the house and THERE WILL BE PHOTOGRAPHIC EVIDENCE SOON.) HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ANDREW! I LOVE YOU MORE THAN MAKING LUCAS WEAR OUR CLOTHES. XOXO Click here to see where this birthday gift tradition began.

11 comments:

Hillary said...

Happy birthday, Andrew!!

Dear Amanda: My birthday is October 12th. I like birds and pigs, also. Love Hillary

Lindsay said...

This is such a great idea. That painting is the definition exudes all kinds of awesome.

Tam said...

I heart Etsy so hard.

I also love that my hubs calls it "EEET-SY" - it totally cracks me up!

Happy birthday MERMANDREW!

Maxie said...

happy birthday to my favorite merman!

Unknown said...

happy birthday, andrew!

i love the pig-bird. art based on quirky things totally rocks.

one of my friends spells etsy out, as in "eee-tee-ess-why"... it rhymes with "betsy," come on! ;)

Lauren said...

I love how it came out! I hope he loved it as much as you enjoyed getting it for him. :)

Also, Happy Birthday Andrew!

ria said...

happy birthday andrew!! :)

michelle woo said...

Cool. I might never use wrapping paper again.

Katelin said...

happy birthday andrew! and um sort of a sweet picture.

Melissa Maris said...

When I was 9, I had a parakeet and I made him a "portable perch" out of a plastic coat hanger. This totally reminds me of that. Love it.

rachaelgking said...

I think your relationship might be as awesomely weird as mine. And I love it.

Happy Birthday!